Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Halfway There!

20 weeks

 How far along are you?: 20 weeks. 5 months. HALFWAY THERE!

How I'm feeling: Feeling good. I had a little episode this week of intense stomach pains. I called the doctor and she thought I was most likely dehydrated. After upping my water intake, I've felt much better. Lesson learned.

How big is baby?: At our anatomy scan last week she was 9 oz!

Maternity clothes: Pretty sure I'd like to wear them for the rest of my life :)

Stretch marks?: I've noticed some...  but not on my belly!


Sleep: Not bad.

Best moment this week: Buying clothes for our little girl and feeling her move more frequently and stronger.

Movement: Definitely feeling her every day now and stronger, however it's still not noticeable from the outside yet - so Shawn has not felt her yet.

Food cravings: Whatever, whenever.

Food aversions: None. 

Labor signs: No, thank you.

Belly button in or out: In.

What I miss: Sadly, I miss my old body. I did not think it would be this hard on my self esteem because I know it's supposed to happen and it's normal and healthy... but it's still hard. Going from a strict diet for 2+ years to seeing the scale go up and up and watch my waist (and other areas) growing is hard. But I'm working on it :)

What I'm looking forward to: Narrowing down some names!

Milestone: Finding out our little one is a GIRL! I am so excited to have a daughter and Shawn is going to rock at being a girl dad. The first thing he said to me the day after we found out was, "How are my girls doing today?!" .... and then I melted :)

2 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I totally "get" the mental battle that is the weight gain/body changing during pregnancy. Just know it's possible to get back there, and to give yourself time. xo ;)

Lucky in Love said...

How are you already halfway there!!?!