Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Ever since I found out I was pregnant I feel as though I belonged to a secret society I had always dreamed of joining. Dramatic much? But seriously. I had seen it all over social media. Facebook, blogs, twitter, Instagram... the mama love flows. And it flows deep.

I always felt disconnected in a sense. Frankly, because I was. But ever since I was initiated if you will as a mama myself, I have felt that connection and that love. I have felt support from strangers I have never met. That is something that will never cease to amaze me.

 
Advice and clothing has been flying at me. Katie lent me her whole maternity wardrobe a ton of stuff which has been so so helpful. Seriously, if you've seen me in any maternity clothes there's a 90% chance it's something of Katie's. Shannon sent me work pants and darling little shoes for our baby girl. I've been offered books, DVDs, and numerous other things. I've been spoken to kindly and honestly from countless mamas, even when I have silly first-timer questions (a lot). I get to experience all of this because of this connection I now share with these ladies. Something that I feel so honored and blessed to be a part of.


The love doesn't stop with the mamas though. I have also received so much love, support, and excitement from others as well. Kate, an extremely talented photographer, had some headbands and hats laying around that she decided to bestow upon me. The cuteness is to die for.






All this to say? I feel so blessed to have people in my life that are willing to help and to lend a helping hand. And I am already beginning to see just how loved our little girl is. How loved I am. How loved we are as a family. From what I hear, motherhood isn't easy - but it is so so worth it. These mamas, friends, and family members are already making me realize just how worth it it is.

5 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

stop it! those hats and bows?! i die! baby girl is going to be SO CUTE in them!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Aww girl! Anytime. You're right. Motherhood is kind of this initiation thing. Not on purpose--it's just, you can't comprehend it until life starts in that belly, so weird how that works. Xo

Lucy Marie said...

Love it. This Mama group really is a good one. :)

Kate Neal said...

I JUST SAW THIS!!! You are too cute! I'm excited to see your bump in PERSON! <3

amanda said...

We used to chat on twitter, but I've backed away because it was definitely taking too much of my attention. I guess I never realized you were blogging too. Anyway, I saw a comment you put on Katie's blog and realized that you were expecting. I had to come over and congratulate you myself!! I know this is something you've really been wanting! Hooray!
~ Amanda @amdavee