Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Someone Once Told Me...

If you are working harder for someone to change than they are working to change themselves, there's a problem.

Sometimes I struggle with letting other people's decisions influence my emotions. Especially if I have gone through a similar situation, it's so easy for me to jump the gun and say, "NO! Do it this way."

This piece of advice has really gotten through to me. Although it is still an every day challenge for me, it is now easier to remind myself that it's not my life and I cannot control other people's thoughts or actions. Mostly, it's a good reminder not to let myself get upset over something that is out of my control.

Is there a piece of advice that has really gotten through to you? If so, I'd love to hear it!


2 comments:

mom said...

Michelle shared an article with our book club, by Martha Beck, entitled "I Don't Care"....the basic message is that you need to love your nearest and dearest unconditionally, and stop giving a damn what they do. shift the focus from trying to control your loved one's behavior, to creating your own happiness.....

Jenn said...

You giving me this advice has been the best advice I've gotten in a while. Love you :)