Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Running

I am not a runner. In fact, I suck at running. But I'd like to change that. And I'm slowly working towards a few goals to make that happen. A common theme in the blog/twitter/facebook realm seems to be putting goals out there for everyone to read. This serves as a good motivation and is a great accountability method. I need all of that I can get so I'm following suit and putting my goals out there on the Internet so then I have to make it happen.

First up: My first 5K run on November 19th. I set this as a goal for myself around this time last year and never made it happen. This time? It's happening. And I'm lucky enough to be able to run it with some pretty amazing people. My husband, my mom, my coworker/friend Ashley, as well as two fantastic blogger ladies that have both been a huge inspiration for me throughout my Weight Watchers journey.

Training has been going well so far. Luckily for me my husband IS a runner. In fact? He can run lots of miles without stopping and his next goal is a half marathon... something I can only dream of (although it sounds like a bad dream to me right now). Shawn has been my motivator and my trainer, and I am so grateful for that. Slowly but surely he is turning his wife into a runner too.

Now for my ultimate goal. I am going to compete in the Tough Mudder in April 2012. I'd like to dedicate an entire post to this goal though, so in the meanwhile go ahead and take a look at the website and tell me how crazy awesome I am.

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

hopefully we can rock this thing :)

Michelle said...

So proud of you Ashley! Keep it up!

Jamie said...

I never ran a day in my life until one day I decided that I was going to get my stubby, short legged, 5'1 body on the treadmill. Now I run 5+ miles easily and *gasp* even enjoy it. Good luck!