Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Milestones

Last week was a week of milestones for me. As some of you know, I have been a member of Weight Watchers since March. When I started? I had 30 lbs to lose. THIRTY. I'm only 5'2" so that? Is a whole lot. Or, it was a lot. Because this past Thursday I hit my final weight loss goal of 30 lbs! I also bought a pair of pants 3-4 sizes smaller than I was wearing in March. A size I haven't seen since high school. But it was certainly nice to welcome my old friend back. And this time I'm going to try and keep in touch a little better.

When I started in March many people (including myself) lied said I didn't need to lose 30 lbs. and that I would appear waif-like if I did. Maybe they truly believed it at the time. Maybe they were just trying to make me feel better. Heck, even I couldn't imagine myself 30 lbs lighter. But now that it's gone? And I look back at old pictures? Yeah. It needed to go. Take a look for yourself. (Disclaimer: I did not take "official" before/after pictures. I wish I did. So if you're on a weight loss journey? DO IT! You will thank yourself later!)


Before: 167 lbs.
After: 137 lbs.

There it is. I guess as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. So a big thanks and shout out to Weight Watchers*. I am now on the 6 week maintenance plan and as long as I weigh in within 2 lbs of my goal weight for those 6 weeks, I become a Lifetime Member. Which means I get to go for free... win!

My next goal? Tone it up. I mentioned I had started running a few weeks ago. My training is going well and I enter my first "official" 5K this upcoming Saturday. After that... who knows. I'm not stopping there. Only time will tell.

*I am not being paid or endorsed or anything by Weight Watchers. I am just a happy, satisfied customer. That is all. It works. If you are considering a weight loss plan, I strongly and highly recommend Weight Watchers.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Ashley you look amazing! Congratulations, you should be so proud of yourself! :)

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

you are amazing!

erin - mutterings of eringirl said...

OH that is amazing!!! And I am your height and exactly your starting weight... so I guess it is time to start! (Although I should give myself credit- I have already lost 10!) Congratulations! you look fabulous!

Biz said...

WOW woman, you look AMAZING!

You should be bursting with pride!

What an awesome job.

Erin Branscom said...

Congratulations! :)I love your blog! :) I became a follower! :) Erin

Deb Mengel said...

You simply look fabulous!!! Congratulations! Aunt Deb