Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I started this blog right after I began a gratitude journal back in September. For this Thanksgiving, I want to list the things I have been thankful for on a daily basis over the last couple of months...

Our military, firefighters, police force; Hot showers; Health & safety; The Internet; Borrowing clothes; Future goals that make us work harder; The gym & my desire to live a more healthy lifestyle; Shawn going back to school; My blog - a new outlet for my memories and thoughts; Good haircuts; Finding things you need on sale; Weight Watchers; My counselor; Jeans that fit just right; Friday!; Fall weather; Alone time with Shawn; A good friend's pregnancy; Family nap time; Weekly & activity points so I can splurge; Nice emails from Mom Mom; Warm, soft blankets; Chipotle; The Phillies; Isaac - my snuggle buddy; Free antibiotics from Wegmans; Co-ed softball league; Borrowing instead of buying; Old friends; Zumba; Chocolate milk; Compliments; Dinner dates without phones; Nights alone with our little family; My husband; Weddings & love; The cross-trainer; Steak; Meetings that get me away from my desk at work; Willpower to say no to pastries at the meetings; Good health benefits; Delicious pastries (Note: I like how the very next day I was thankful for the very same pastries that I said no to the day before, hehe); Old pictures & memories, A fresh start each day; My college degree; A flexible boss; Phillies in the playoffs; Jeans day at work; Perfect Fall weather; High school friends; Fleece-lined sweatpants; Lazy days; Giving myself a break from my diet without feeling guilty; Supportive friends; Hair color; Being able to run a mile without stopping (10/6/11); Socks; Goals: 5K in November & Tough Mudder in April; Shawn motivating me; Movies that make you appreciate life; Restaurant.com dates; New clothes; Church; Beautiful days; Running; "She is clothes with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25; Pinterest; Budget plans; Running 1.5 miles without stopping (10/11/11), Support: both giving & receiving; Up All Night; Rain that cancels softball games when I don't want to play; Self control while shopping; Fiber One Brownies; Supportive WW leader; Weekend plans with friends; Word FM Radio; The reminder to put others first & myself second; Relaxing TV nights; Toms; Happy Adoption Day, Isaac!; New Camelbak water bottle; Fruit; Vick's VapoRub; NyQuil; Cookie/brownie/oreo dessert; 2 lb. weight loss; No weekend plans; My weddings rings - re-sized!; Bahama Breeze; Pizza Bingo at work; Reconnecting with friends; Recipes; New running gear; Peruvian food - El Serrano (thanks Katie!), 3 mile run! (11/13/11); Twitter; Quality time; Confidence about an interview; Getting the job!; God; Supportive "cheerleaders"; My first official 5K (33:50 - 11/19/11); Weight loss compliments, My grandparents.

I know, a long list. And believe it or not I didn't write every day. But what does this tell me? I have a lot to be thankful for. A lot to be grateful for. Silly things, serious things, awesome people.

It is hard to believe that at the beginning of the year Shawn and I both lost our jobs. 11 months later, we have come so far and I am so thankful for everyone and everything that has brought us to where we are today.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy!

No comments: