Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

15 Weeks

Yesterday was my 15 week check up and although I always get anxious for these appointments, thankfully all is well. "Perfect" even - in my doctor's words. Even my weight is good which is something I really struggled with in the beginning of my pregnancy. I went from counting points and/or calories for almost two years straight to feeling nauseous all day long - where the only thing that helped was eating (mostly carbs) all day long. So to say I packed on the pounds in my first trimester would be an understatement, but I'm happy that it seems to be under control now that the nausea is gone.

Baby B's heartbeat was 161 yesterday and has been high each time so far. The doctor was teasing Shawn telling him it's going to be a girl and "he's in trouble." He initially thought she was for real saying it was a girl and his reaction was priceless. That poor man would be a big pile of mush with a baby girl (which I would just love to see) but I honestly know he will be a wonderful father to either gender - which is one of the top reason I married the guy (along with love and trust and all that jazz).

I always feel a sense of relief after my appointments. I can't wait to feel the little one moving around in there - I feel like that will give me a bit of relief. Although I hear it's always something and the worry never ends. At least I can hope that it decreases a bit. Either way, bring on the flutters!

My second trimester has also seemed to bring along a feeling of being overwhelmed. Stretched. Exhausted. I don't know if this is normal or if I just have coping issues - but I feel like now that I'm a mama-to-be I have trouble completing my other life roles. It is hard for me to look past the most!important!thing!ever! and see that these other areas still are in need of my attention. Normal? I don't know. But I hope it gets better. I feel neglectful and sloppy. And I'm embarrassed to admit it. I hate feeling that way. Any coping or adjustment tips are welcomed. Until then, I will try and keep my head above water and enjoy this time. I know the best (and the most hectic) days are yet to come.

Happy weekend :)

2 comments:

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

You'll be great! Don't put too much pressure on yourself and just take it one day at a time. (all these feelings are completely 100% normal).

Anonymous said...

I think it's tough at first realizing that YES you are going to be a mama...and still keeping things the way they were - you know, working, relationships, whatnot. It's such a HUGE change, but like Melissa said, one day at a time. You have 25 more weeks to go with that precious baby in your belly! The worry will always be there, but you just kind of learn to push aside (a bit :) ). Enjoy every moment and take time to just relax.