Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Awkward First Post

Welcome to my first awkward blog post. Hopefully this will also serve as my last awkward post since I'm planning on sticking around and doing the whole blog thing for a while (and hoping to get more of a flow going, ya know). I can't promise you that you'll find any of what I have to say interesting, but I can promise you that this will serve as a great outlet and memory box for me. I've been contemplating starting a blog for over a year now and finally built up the courage to do so with a little push from some awesome blog ladies (Katie, Susan, Lyryn - oh hey!) that I've enjoyed following.

So here we go, I'll try and make this as painless as possible...

I'm Ashley. I'm 25 and married to a handsome Southern gentleman named Shawn. He plays guitar and his accent comes out when he's mad. I like to talk a lot. I'm obsessed with my dog Isaac and I treat him like he's a real baby (yeah, we're those people). I'm a lover of all-thing-Philadelphia, especially the Phillies. I've moved across the country and back again but I have learned that no matter where I go, my heart is where my home is. Guacamole is my favorite food. Sometimes I have really nice things to say but don't say them the right way and they come out completely wrong. I'm working on that one. I'm a Christian who is trying to find her way. I don't know all of the versus and I haven't read all of the books of the Bible, but I'm working on that one too. I'm a control freak who is learning to let go. I'm a firm believer that a smiling, happy face is a beautiful face. I want to remember all of the things I have to be grateful for and never forget how far I've come. So, here goes nothing...

No comments: